Where can I download DataVault Password Manager for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch?
DataVault for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch is available exclusively through iTunes App Store.
Can I try DataVault for iOS before purchasing the app?
Not at the current time, however we do offer refunds via Paypal for customers who provide proof of purchase and a brief explanation.
How do I restore DataVault Premium in version 6?
All of the features included in DataVault Premium for previous version are included in version 6 and do not require an in-app purchase to activate.
What are the requirements for DataVault on iOS?
The requirements for the most recent update of DataVault are displayed in the Information Section of the DataVault home page on the iTunes App Store.
Do I have to buy separate copies of DataVault for my iPhone, iPad and iPod touch?
A copy of DataVault purchased through iTunes can be run on up to five iOS devices authorized to an Apple ID.
Does the DataVault license for iOS cover other platform?
DataVault for Mac, Windows and Android are sold separately.
How do I install DataVault for other iOS devices without having to repay?
There are two ways of installing DataVault on additional devices.
1) Connect your iOS device to iTunes desktop. Start iTunes on your desktop and click on the icon representing your device. Click on the Apps tab along the top of the iTunes screen, then check the box next to DataVault and sync.
2) Start iTunes on an additional iOS device and verify that you are logged in with the same Apple ID you used to purchase DataVault. Search for "Ascendo DataVault" and tap on the button to download DataVault. On some older devices, you may be prompted to buy the app again, but tapping on the Buy button will confirm; "You have already purchased this application. Would you like to download it again for free"?
How can I get a discount for volume purchases?
Educational institutions and businesses can receive discounts for volume purchases as described in the Volume Purchase Program for Education and the Volume Purchase Program for Business.
I got a new iOS device and restored it from an iTunes backup. When I try to login to DataVault I see a Wrong Password alert. What should I do?
Enter the incorrect password 10 times to reset the password. Setup the same master password as before. Then restore from your most recent backup using the Tools & Settings > Backup and Restore menu.
How can I switch from Keeper to DataVault?
Keeper Security Inc. doesn't appear to provide any information about exporting information out of their app but if you are interested in doing it, we would be glad to help. Once you get the information out of Keeper, we offer tools in our DataVault for Mac or Windows to import your data and sync it to mobile versions.
In addition, Ascendo offers a competitive upgrade from Keeper Security to DataVault, email email@example.com for more information.
How can I switch from 1Password to DataVault?
You can move most of your data from 1Password to DataVault using the export and import features available in the desktop versions. The DataVault for Mac user guide provides detailed instructions to help you get started. In addition, Ascendo offers a competitive upgrade from 1Password to DataVault, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What is the best way to be alerted when new updates are released?
Answer: You can see when new versions are available by checking the Updates tab in iTunes. Alternatively, you may want to follow Ascendo on Twitter to receive alerts when updates are released.
I can't remember my master password. What are my options?
Tap on Unmask in the navigation bar to show your master password in clear text. If you set up a hint question during a previous session, tap on Hint in the navigation bar and answer the question to retrieve your password. If neither suggestion works, you can reset the database by entering the wrong password repeatedly until you have exceeded the maximum login attempts. This will erase the database. When you restart DataVault you will be prompted to select a new master password. See user guide section Lost Password for more information.
How can I backup and restore information stored in DataVault for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch?
You can make dated several backups of information stored in DataVault and restore them by tapping on the tools icon and selecting Backup & Restore. See detailed instructions in our user guide.
Alternatively, iTunes provides backup and restore capabilities for your entire device, see steps below.
More information can be found in Apple support knowledge base articles on iPhone & iPod touch: About backups
and Backing Up, updating, and restoring your iPhone and iPod touch software.
How do I synchronization using iCloud?
Once iCloud synchronization has been configured correctly on all iOS and Mac devices, it runs automatically. Each time an item is edited on one device, the changes will appear on other devices after a delay varying from a few seconds to a few minutes. See user guide for more information.
I setup iCloud sync but my edits are not appearing on other devices. What should I do?
See below for a list of troubleshooting tips for iCloud synchronization.
If you are unable to resolve iCloud sync issues using these support resources, we recommend using
Dropbox synchronization while waiting for iOS
updates that may resolve iCloud sync issues.
I have problems getting iCloud sync to work over 3G. What should I do?
If you have problems with iCloud sync on a 3G network, open iOS Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data and switch Use Cellular to ON, then edit an item and wait a minute to see if the update appears on other devices. If you are still having problems, try restarting your devices.
Can I sync with DataVault desktop through iTunes?
Apple does not provide support for 3rd party developers to synchronize application data through iTunes. Synchronizing over Wi-Fi is the best method we have found at the current time. If Apple provides an application programming interface (API) for synchronization in future versions of the software developer kit (SDK) we plan to implement it immediately. If your desktop has a wireless adapter then you can set up an ad-hoc network to synchronize with your handheld even if you don't have access to an Wi-Fi router. See below for information on setting up an ad-hoc network.
I am having trouble syncing with DataVault desktop over a Wi-Fi connection. What could be the problem?
See below for a list of issues and possible solutions.
1) Synchronization requires recent versions of the products. If necessary, backup your data and install the latest versions of DataVault for iOS, DataVault for Mac and DataVault for Windows.
2) Synchronization requires that the master password used with DataVault for iOS and DataVault desktop be the same. To verify your master password, unmask it while logging in. To change it, select Change Password from DataVault for iOS Security Settings or from the DataVault desktop file menu.
3) Verify that you are following the correct sequence as described below.
4) DataVault uses Apple's Bonjour discovery protocol to synchronize over Wi-Fi. Bonjour is installed automatically with iTunes or optionally with
DataVault by checking off the Bonjour box during the installation process. You can install the latest version from
the Bonjour support page or by re-installing the latest version of DataVault desktop.
On Windows, you can verify if Bonjour is running by starting msconfig clicking on the Services tab.
5) Make sure both your handheld device and desktop computer have Wi-Fi turned on and that they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, see instructions below.
6) Try setting the IP address for your desktop manually. To do this, start DataVault on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, tap on the option icon in the navigation bar, select Synchronize, then tap on the field labeled DataVault Desktop ip address. To find your desktop IP address, see the instructions below.
7) If you are running a firewall on Windows, give DataVault permission to exchange information through the Firewall. In Vista, select Control Panel > Security (Allow
a program through Windows Firewall) > Exceptions, then check off Ascendo DataVault from the list of applications.
8) If you are using virtualization software such as VM Ware or Parallels, set the Network Adapter to Bridged Mode; then restart your computer. To do this with VMWare, select Virtual Machine > Settings > Network > Connect directly to the physical network (Bridged).
9) Check to see if other apps such as anti-virus software or VPNs are blocking Wi-Fi access & reconfigure if necessary.
10) Disable 3G on your iPhone by selecting Settings > General > Network then set Enable 3G to Off and sync again.
11) Reboot your handheld and desktop and try to synchronize again.
If you are still having problems, please contact technical support at email@example.com.
When I select Options > Synchronize > Wi-Fi on my iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, I don't see my desktop in the list. What could be the problem?
There are several possible reasons for this. See below for things to try.
I don't have access to a Wi-Fi router. Can I use an ad-hoc network to synchronize with DataVault desktop?
Yes, you can setup an ad-hoc network to establish a direct connection between DataVault on your handheld and DataVault desktop without going over a Wi-Fi router, see steps below.
Has Ascendo obtained CCAS approval for products containing encryption from the Bureau of Industry and Security?
Yes. The US Commerce Department's Bureau of Industry & Security requires that all products containing advanced encryption methods apply for CCAS approval. If you are considering an encryption product that has not obtained approval from the Bureau of Industry & Security it means that the product implements a weaker form of encryption or that it could be removed from the iTunes App Store if CCAS approval is not obtained.
What type of encryption has been implemented in DataVault?
DataVault encrypts data using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), a symmetric-key encryption standard adopted by several governments including that of the United States, as well as numerous industry leaders in security sensitive fields. The standard comprises 128-bit block size ciphers published under the name of the Rijndael algorithm. DataVault uses a 128-bit key. Experts have calculated that a 128-bit AES key would take a super computer 149 trillion years to crack. The AES ciphers have been analyzed extensively and are used worldwide. For more information, see Wikipedia.