DataVault Password Manager for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
Interested in beta testing? Email email@example.com
- Implemented Copy | Look Up | Share menu for notes in item view mode. Double tap to select.
- Integrated notes editing from within the the item edit form.
- Restored word wrap for long fields in item view mode.
- Fixed save item issue that occurs if user edits an item, taps Done and quits immediately.
- Suppressed Copy without Spaces option if field doesn't contain spaces.
- Enhanced support for iOS Dark Mode.
- Improved layout of DataVault on Apple Watch.
If you have any issues with the new version, please email
If you like free updates, please rate DataVault favorably in the
App Store 😀
- Enhanced item view layout. Increased spaces between fields. Added dividing line.
- Fixed bug allowing user to drag field below notes in item edit mode.
- Improved flow when resetting the database and creating a new master password.
- Fixed bug that allowed some iOS 13 users to dismiss the lock screen.
- Fixed bug causing crash when editing item Notes on some iPads.
- Fixed issue causing login problems for some iOS 13 users.
- Added support for iOS 13 Dark Mode. To select in DataVault, tap on the Tools icon > Display Settings > Theme Color > iOS Mode. In iOS, start Settings > Display & Brightness and select Dark.
- Fixed long press Copy feature. While waiting for an update, tap on Tools icon > Display Settings and turn on Show Copy Icons.
- Added Delete All to Restore screen to remove backups.
- Fixed bug deleting a single backup from iCloud.
- Updated in-app help links.
- Fixed issue causing DataVault not to open for iOS 9 users.
- Improvements to iCloud sync. Some users may need to reboot phone for changes to take effect.
- Implemented Password Autofill for apps and websites. See
User Guide for instructions.
- Added multiline support for item names and fields to replace device tilt for long fields.
- Repositioned Unmask and Keyboard Selector on login screens to accommodate small devices.
- Fixed bug affecting some users when selecting Add Item > No Template.
- Fixed bug that changed labels when moving fields.
- Eliminated delay initializing item details screen on iPads.
- Fixed bug deleting logins created using Safari extension.
- Updated Help buttons to point to new User Guide sections.
- Improvements to Add Item screen.
- Improved login screen for small iPhones.
- Fixed Auto-Backup bug.
- Fixed CSV Import bug.
- Eliminated blank space appearing above long notes.
- Improved support for iPhone X.
- Implemented Split View for iPads. See Apple support for demonstration.
- Implemented Drag & Drop for iPads. Drag information from DataVault into another app like Safari.
- Added option to show copy icons with all fields, see Display Settings > Show Copy Icons.
- Added Search Settings > Quick Search to show search field by default on home screen.
- Moved Generate Password and Mask field to top of keyboard when editing an item.
- Implemented Mask field by default so field returns to masked after unmasking in view mode.
- Made password generator settings persistent between startups.
- Tapping on phone numbers now initiates phone calls.
- Tapping on email addresses now initiates email.
- Improved Themes selection in Display Settings.
- Fixed Change Password bug limiting the number of characters.
- Improved Dropbox sync flow.
- Improved Security Alert Setting.
- Added clear field icon to Edit Item form.
- Fixed Duplicate > Delete bug.
- Improved screen text and layouts.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed issue causing crash for some users when managing Categories, Types or Templates.
- Added hide keyboard when user swipes up on search screen to show hidden items.
- Fixed grayed out Done button on Import from CSV screen.
- Added animation to smooth navigation bar transitions.
- Improved font size on Security Settings screen when user selects Larger Text in iOS.
- Added default masking to Reset Local Database password prompt.
- Changed security setting defaults when resetting local database to match 1st startup.
- Fixed bug causing navbar to disappear when moving items to different categories.
- Fixed Send by Email, Encrypted DVX bug.
- Improved screen layouts and help text.
- Fixed issue causing Touch ID and Face ID to fail in some circumstances.
- Improved implementation of Dynamic Type for users who adjust Larger Text in iOS Setting.
- Added alert to explain that Copy is accessible by pressing any field while viewing an item.
- Added alert for Password Generator which is accessible by pressing any field while editing an item.
- Added help text to guide users who enable Security Alert.
- Fixed issue causing keypad to hide fields on iPad.
- Improved localization on Apple Watch.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Added support for Face ID on iPhone X, see Tools & Settings > Security Settings.
- Implemented DataVault for Apple Watch, see Tools & Settings > Security Settings.
- Improved usability of add Item and edit Item screens.
- Implemented field reordering in Item edit. Press line icon, then drag field to a new position.
- Added ability to delete field from Item and reorder remainging fields.
- Implemented Import from CSV for users switching from Keeper, Dashlane, 1Password, mSecure, Lastpass, Roboform and other password managers.
- Added Copy without spaces to field context menu.
- Improved use of Dynamic Font. See iOS Settings > General > Accessibility > Larger Text to adjust.
- Enhanced usability of Item View screen. Tap filed to mask. Press field to Copy.
- Implemented alert to warn user if iCloud Drive is not available for automatic backup.
- Added Never option to Password Required setting for Touch ID and Face ID.
- Implemented progress wheel when switching Dropbox Sync On.
- Added persistency to password generator parameters.
- Added No Template option to Add Item > Template selection list.
- Removed American Express login from templates list.
- Fixed issue locking out users who didn't complete password setup on startup.
- Added auto-capitalization to item names and removed from field contents.
- Changed startup default keyboard to alphanumeric.
- Improved item view screen layout.
- Localized in-app text to Spanish and Italian.
- Fixed minor bugs and improved help text.
- Implemented Dropbox Synchronization API version 2.
- Added Clear Clipboard on Exit option to Security Settings.
- Improved usability of Templates.
- Corrected Touch ID issue occurring for some users.
- Fixed bug which displayed folders in list view.
- Fixed bug which changed position in lookup list when switching between apps.
- Implemented Logins feature to automatically fill in username and password into website forms.
- Added Logins for over 60 popular web sites such as Airbnb, Amazon, Chase, Baidu, Craig's List, Dropbox, Expedia, Facebook,
- Added Notes field to Logins, in addition to URL, username and password to store answers to security questions and other relevant information.
- Implemented DataVault browser to use with pre-defined Logins. Tap URL & select Open with DataVault.
- Added Next, Previous and Reload Page buttons to DataVault browser toolbar.
- Implemented DataVault extension for Safari to initiate website logins. Open Safari, tap Share icon > DataVault extension,
then select Login.
- Added TouchID to access DataVault extension without having to enter master password, see Security Settings >
- Implemented iOS Dynamic Type so font size in DataVault matches font size in iOS Settings > Display & Brightness > Text Size.
- Localized user interface to German, French & Russian.
- Switched on Automatic Backup by default so users avoid losing data when changing devices, see Setttings >
Backup & Restore.
- Enhanced synchronization with DataVault on other platforms (sold separately) to poll for updates every 2 seconds.
- Improved Dropbox sync to check for updates as soon as intitiated, see Settings > Synchronization.
- Updated to latest Dropbox SDK (v1.3.14).
- Added prompt to activate Touch ID on startup.
- Improved icon matrix loading speed the first time user edits item icon.
- Implemented usability improvements for adding and editing Items.
- Implemented usability improvements for managing Templates.
- Fixed task switching issue in iOS 10 that allows users to copy & paste information from DataVault into other applications.
- Update link to user guide, see Settings > Help.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Implemented iOS Spotlight search for DataVault items, see Search Settings.
- Implemented seemless, automatic sync for iCloud and Drobpox.
- Improved sync algorithm to reduce conflicts between devices.
- Implemented Security Alert which sends picture and location of user after failed logins.
- Changed encryption level to 256-bit by default.
- Included all premium features in version 5.
- Activate secure iCloud backup by default.
- Implemented close all folders on startup.
- Fixed Wi-Fi sync issue for iOS 9.
- Added Reset Database settings for local, iCloud and Dropbox.
- Enhanced usability for resetting password.
- Fixed issue causing some notes to dissapear after sync.
- Removed Webdav and iTunes sync.
- Improved app icon and launch images.
- Improved help text.
- Implemented Touch ID to authenticate with your fingerprint. Please note, your master password is required at regular intervals to insure strong security. See Security Settings.
- Added Require Password setting. DataVault is the only password manager to give you Touch ID options. Once per Session (default), insures that your password is never stored on your device. Daily, Weekly or Monthly securely store your password to the iOS KeyChain. See User Guide to see why this is important.
- Changed Security Time Out setting with Auto-Lock to improve consistency with iOS.
- Replaced Time Out Action and Auto-Lock settings in previous version with Lock on Exit to simplify security settings. See user guide for more information.
- Enhanced multi-tasking support to insure that private info is not visible when DataVault is running in the background.
- Fixed List View to display masked fields in expanded view.
- Enhanced item icons with iOS like gradients.
- Added high resolution graphics for iPhone 6 Plus users.
- Improved Dropbox synchronization login.
- Implemented latest Dropbox API to eliminate login issues.
- Added Progress indicator for Touch ID login for users with large databases.
- Changed settings switch color to green.
- Implemented Faster Login. To skip login animation, tap on Return key after entering master password.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Redesigned for iOS7 to enhance the user experience.
- Automatic synchronization across devices using Dropbox in addition to iCloud, Webdav, Wifi and data cable sync options.
- 256-bit encryption using Password-Based Key Derivation Function (PBKDF) and salting to insure the highest level of security offered by any password manager.
- Improved integration with with Apple Keychain for two-layer protection of your private data.
- 200 hi-res item icons redesigned for contemporary UI.
- Expand and collapse list view for quick peak at secondary fields.
- Improved multi-tasking support by hiding user data from running apps list.
- New themes to match iPhone 5S and 5C colors, see Tools > Display Options.
- Preview themes in Display Options
- Enhanced login screen with vault animation.
- Fixed Dropbox “NSRULError” issue.
- Numerous other enhancements and fixes.
- Support for Dropbox version 1 synchronization protocol.
- Improved transition to item details screen.
- Improved background images on some settings screens.
- Fixed issue with security alert.
- Fixed duplicate item issue on iPad.
- iPhone 5 and iOS 6 compatible.
- Implemented Sync Now to initiate iCloud sync manually in case automatic iCloud sync is delayed.
- Added options if DataVault master passwords are not the same on all devices syncing over iCloud.
- Fixed several iCloud sync issues including partial updates, duplicates and parsing error messages.
- Implemented Conflict Resolution settings for iCloud Sync.
- Enhanced automatic iCloud backup to keep 7 most recent backups and delete the rest.
- Added device name to default filenames to avoid overwriting backups initiated by other devices.
- Added password prompt to unlock backups made with different master password.
- Implemented backup and restore from Dropbox.
- Improved login performance to reduce delays for large databases.
- Improved item details screen by moving Category and Type below notes in view mode.
- Enhanced password generator by replacing strength meter indicators with a slider bar.
- Fixed password generator issue causing repeated suggestions.
- Implemented Reset Database feature in Tools & Settings.
- Improved application icon.
- Added icons to Synchronize, Backup & Restore settings and improved layout.
- Moved mask/unmask button to login form and added help button with instructions for lost passwords.
- Removed redundant login after selecting master password.
- Updated support for Box.com Web Dav synchronization.
- Improved Wi-Fi sync and removed Adhoc sync which became redundant as a result.
- Removed support for Mobile Me sync following Apple's decision to terminate service.
- Numerous minor improvements including help text, iPad item scrolling, bank template icon, menu names and positions,
and emails/URL display in item forms.
- Implemented iCloud Backup. Automatically backup DataVault information and restore by date.
- Implemented iCloud Sync. Automatically sync DataVault edits on all iOS devices.
- Removed auto-capitalization for field contents to facilitate entering usernames and passwords.
- Improved item form layout of labels and field contents.
- Implemented automatic save when editing items and settings.
- Improved Wi-Fi sync screen to include IP Address, Port and list of detected Wi-Fi devices on same form. User can manually enter information or tap on DataVault
device to automatically enter values.
- Improved field edit layout by moving Suggest Password button from navigation bar to below form.
- Enhanced Display Setting Themes with better text colors and form background colors.
- Improved settings screen layout to emulate iOS settings.
- Increased clipboard icon tap area to make it easier to cut and paste field contents.
- Improved detection of telephone number field type to initiate calls.
- Enhanced notes editing.
- Improved several item icons.
- Added Help buttons to sync and backup screens to open detailed online help pages.
- Changed live link color so it appears clearly for all themes.
- Fixed Dropbox login Cancel button.
- Fixed email entry issue when sending an item in encrypted DVX format.
- Numerous improvements to in-app help text, screen layouts and themes.
- Implemented synchronization with DataVault desktops using Mobile Me.
- Implemented synchronization with DataVault desktops using free WebDav servers; Box.net, Swissdisk.com, Gmx.net, MyDisk.se, MyDrive.ch
- Added Backup & Restore using application file sharing (iOS 3.2 or above). Allows user to make multiple, dated backups and move them to & from desktop using iTunes.
- Added support for multi-tasking in iOS 4 allowing users to switch to another application, copy & paste DataVault contents, then switch back to DataVault without having to login.
- Improved timeout to support iOS4 multi-tasking. Please Note: Exiting and restarting DataVault will only require logging in if the inactivity delay has been exceeded.
- Implemented split-panel view on iPad. Displays item list on the left of screen and item details on the right.
- Implemented settings to search field labels, field contents and memo field in addition to item name. User-defined for search performance optimization.
- Added user-defined setting for case sensitive search.
- Implemented security alert to send email with GPS location of device in case of failed login attempt.
- Improved in-app browsing of online user guide to include features like pinch and expand page.
- Added Select Template alert when user creates a new item.
- Improved auto-lock security setting so user can quit DataVault and return before end of inactivity delay without have to login.
- Added user setting to choose between Mac-like 2D folders or Windows-like 3D folders for tree display.
- Fixed issue causing list/tree not to appear if user selects wrong synchronization service.
- Corrected security timeout issue causing timeout to remain active after being disabled.
- Improved display of long notes.
- Added DataVault to beginning of device name when syncing with Mac using Wi-Fi.
- Improved navigation to include simplified sync server selection, better keyboard management, iPad button placement and tree display.
- Improved graphics including application icon and launch screen for iPhone 4, improvements to themes.
- Addition improvements including increasing the size of help text, caps lock management, removing references to pasteboard, ability to Cancel sync from device.
- Universal Application. Purchase one copy of DataVault and run it on up to 5 authorized iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches at no additional cost.
- Enhanced support for landscape mode on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Improved graphics for iPad; splash screen, application icon, theme backgrounds, etc.
- Increased size of icons in selection matrix on iPad.
- Improved item form layout on iPad.
- Added iPad screen shots to Quick Start help screens.
- Adapted layouts of Security Settings, Help and About screens for iPad.
- Improved support for synchronization with DataVault for Mac desktop including accented characters such as é, ñ and ü.
- Implemented synchronization with DataVault for Mac desktop using application file import/export on iPad (iPhone OS 3.2 and above).
- Added ability to select port number when synchronizing with DataVault for Window and DataVault for Mac desktops.
- Enhanced manual selection of IP address for synchronization with DataVault desktops.
- Implemented mask/unmask for password selection, login and timeout screens.
- Increased font size of password selection, login and timeout screens.
- Removed Reset button from login screen.
- Fixed password selection issue on first start-up.
- Removed limitation on size of notes displayed in item form.
- Added user setting for maximum number of login attempts before wiping data (self-destruct).
- Added copy-to-clipboard to password generator screen and fields on item form.
- Implemented live links for email addresses stored in DataVault. Tap on address to start iPhone Mail and auto-fill To: field.
- Implemented live links for URLs stored in DataVault. Tap on URL to start Safari and go to internet site.
- Improved detection of telephone numbers so DataVault initiates phone calls when tapping.
- Added password generator button to list & tree views in addition to item add & edit screens.
- Implemented lock button to list & tree views to logout.
- Added support for synchronizing unicode character sets (é, ñ, ü) with DataVault Desktops.
- Increased font size on item details & field edit screens.
- Enhanced auto-lock so user can choose to require master password when quitting DataVault or switching to another application.
- Enhanced search to display items with matching characters anywhere in the name (search on string).
- Added Save prompt to item details screen in case user taps Back button without saving modifications.
- Implemented ability to send item by email as plain text or password protected, encrypted format (DVX).
- Implemented save state feature to return to last screen displayed before quitting DataVault.
- Added links to user guide and frequently asked questions (FAQ) pages.
- Improved Help screen by adding buttons to email support.
- Fixed bug that led to data loss when changing master password.
- Fixed bug that quit application when user tried to enter more than 10 fields.
- Fixed Tree View so position of item is updated when category or type is changed without having to quit and restart application.
- Numerous other enhancements including elimination of white space at bottom of item details screen, increased contrast of selection buttons,
improved default theme background, improved buttons to expand/collapse tree and go to top of list, enhanced password generator strength meter, improved
application launch icon, better Options ordering.
- Implemented Synchronization with DataVault for Windows desktops.
- Added Expand All / Collapse All branches button to tree view.
- Implemented search on string for items so list reduces to all items containing the characters entered by the user.
- Added Auto-Lock feature so user can choose to stay logged in to DataVault for the duration of the security timeout while switching to another application or quitting DataVault.
- Implemented Rearrange feature so users can change the position of the icons in the icon matrix.
- Added Password Hint question and answer in case users forget master password.
- Implemented 5 additional themes so user can customize background image, folder colors and text colors.
- Added button to list view to move to the top of the list.
- Enhanced tree view so that returning to tree view displays same formation as when user exits tree view.
- Implemented live links for telephone numbers stored in DataVault. When can click on telephone number to initiate a phone call.
- Improved template selection.
- Enhanced password generator and added icon on tree view and list view to make it easier to access for uses outside of DataVault form entry.
- Added Quick Start guide with helpful information for getting started with DataVault.
- Implemented help option with links to online user guide and Frequently Asked Questions, FAQ pages.
- Released free "lite" version limited to 10 items. The lite version does not synchronize with DataVault for Windows so users will need to re-enter data when switching to paid version.
- Numerous improvements to screen text, graphics and forms layouts.