User Guide - Ascendo DataVault Password Manager
Importing from mSecure into DataVault
Data stored in mSecure can be
imported directly into DataVault by following the instructions below.
Exporting from mSecure
Install mBackup from mSeven Software from the URL found below.
(free as of 12/15/2009)
Start mBackup and select File > Export > CSV File… from the
menu, see image below.
Importing into DataVault
and install Ascendo DataVault Desktop with free trial period from the
Select Tools > Import > CSV >
mSecure... from the DataVault Desktop text menu, see red arrow in screen shot below.
If the mSecure file format has changed since the writing of this
guide, it may be necessary to do a custom import of your data.
The DataVault custom importing tool provides a way to map fields
from mSecure to their correct
positions in DataVault. To do this, start DataVault Desktop and select Tools > Import > CSV >
Custom... from the text menu, see blue arrow in
"DataVault Desktop" image above.
Select field values as they
appear in the "Import from CSV" screen below.
Import from CSV
Due to limitations in mSecure and mBackup, some of information
managed by DataVault cannot be imported, see below.
- mSecure supports only 6 fields per item. DataVault supports 10. To set
fields 7 to 10 to blank, click on the field contents then click on the delete key.
- mSecure does not support 2 levels of categorization so the Category field must be set to Unfiled.
- mSecure forces field labels to be the same for all types. DataVault allows
you to set them independently. Because of this, you must set the field names
to blank by clicking on the field name contents and clicking on the delete key.
- The notes in mSecure are not in the same position in the CSV file for every record. As a result, the notes field will appear in Field5 or Field6
and must be copied manually to
the Notes field in DataVault.
you click on the Ok button, DataVault will import the records into the
Unfiled Category of the DataVault Desktop.
* Please note that you must
scroll to the bottom of the left hand panel of
DataVault to see the imported records, see red arrow pointing to scroll bar
in the image below.
Once your items are in Ascendo DataVault Desktop, you may want to edit
them as follows.
- To move a type to a different category folder, click on type name then drag & drop it over a category name.
- To move an item to a different type folder, click on the item name then drag & drop it over a type name.
- To change an item icon, double-click on item name, then click on icon and select from the icon matrix.
- To move field contents to notes, double-click on item name, then click on notepad icon to right of field, then right click anywhere in Notes field and select Paste from the context menu.
When the imported items have been formatted to your liking, you can move them to
your handheld by following the instructions for synchronization in the DataVault
for iPhone User Guide or DataVault
for BlackBerry User Guide.
Troubleshooting tips can be found at our Frequently Asked Questions Pages for iPhone &
If you require technical assistance, please email wallet_support[AT]ascendo-inc.com
For all other inquiries, please email info[AT]ascendo-inc.com