DataVault Password Manager for Mac
Interested in beta testing? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixed issues with icon selector.
- Improved sync icon animation in menu bar.
- Increased master password maximum size from 16 to 36 characters.
- Improved sync algorithm to reduce conflicts between devices.
- Implemented seemless, automatic sync for iCloud based on CloudKit.
- Improvements to Dropbox synchronization to automatically poll and update.
- All features previously included in DataVault Premium IAP are included in the standard version.
- Fixed bug causing start-up crash on some configurations.
- Deprecated Webdav sync.
- Fixed display issues for Mac OS X 10.9 users
- Added word wrap back to item note field
- Corrected copy icon display issue
- Numerous enhancements to the Item details panel including layout, fonts, background color.
- Field labels truncated instead of wrapped. Expand main window to expand label size.
- Improved usability of Copy to Clipboard and Mask icons in item details screen.
- Increased maximum Security Timeout value from 10 to 60 minutes.
- Fixed issue causing startup hang in some circumstances when user selects iCloud sync.
- Added Clear Clipboard on Exit option to DataVault Preferences.
- Implemented persistency for tree view so DataVault remembers position between startups.
- iCloud sync now syncs field masking information reliably.
- Selecting iCloud from Synchronization Settings initiates Sync Now to avoid delays.
- Several improvements and bug fixes to iCloud sync.
- Clicking on "x" in search field now maintains focus and cursor live for next search string.
- New templates for standard version including Facebook, Twitter, Amazon & LinkedIn.
- Over 20 new templates for DataVault Premium including Whatsapp, Evernote, Craig's List.
- Fixed synchronization settings persistency issue.
- Fixed issues with conflict resolution settings.
- Improved Restore from Automatic Backups to display most recent first.
- Blank Category and Type fields replaced with Unfiled to reduce display errors in tree view.
- Improved in-app purchase screen layout and purchase flow.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements to in-app help.
- Yosemite enhancements such as translucent panels for tree and list views when DataVault window is active.
- iCloud synchronization with DataVault for iOS (sold separately) in addition to Dropbox, and Wi-Fi. Please note: Until Apple merges iCloud and iCloud Drive, you must select one or
the other on all devices.
- Improved toolbar icons to match cleaner, flatter look of Mac OS X.
- Improved mask & copy to clipboard icons.
- Added Synchronization and Logout buttons to toolbar.
- Improved layout of Setup Password and Synchronization Settings windows.
- Added hi-res item icons for retina screens.
- Moved Add, Edit & Delete buttons to bottom of item details panel.
- Improved usability of buttons at bottom-right of main window for expanding and collapsing list and folder views.
- Improved layout of item details panel.
- Improved synchronization conflict resolution for items with long notes.
- Enhanced list view with alternating line shading to distinguish rows.
- Added IP Address to Sync Settings window to verify it is the same on both devices.
- Fixed issue of adding an item when category & type filters are active. Now displays added item.
- Fixed Chrome Save Form issue which required restarting DataVault to display newly added item.
- Fixed vertical scrollbar issue after editing an item.
- Fixed issue of sync settings persistence.
- Improved login window.
- Implemented advanced security API available in OSX version 10.7 or above. Users of OSX 10.6.x or below should see our support page for options.
- 256-bit AES encryption (Premium) using Password-Based Key Derivation Function (PBKDF) and salting to insure the highest level of security offered by
any password manager. See Preferences > Advanced > Encryption Level.
- Redesigned 200 item icons embracing trend to flatter user interfaces such as iOS7.
- 90 additional item icons (Premium), bringing total to 200.
- Dropbox Auto-Sync (Premium) to automatically sync with DataVault for iOS.
- Improved plugins for Safari, Chrome and Firefox for automatic logins and form saving.
- Enhanced item detail display to eliminate white space before item notes.
- Added Delete Item to context menu when Control clicking on an item.
- Enhanced password generator randomizer.
- Improved panel screen layout.
- Improved text menu layout.
- Fixed display issue after adding item.
- Implemented application sandboxing, as required by Apple, to enhance file security. DataVault browser add-ons need to be updated to work with this version,
see user guide.
- Updated Dropbox synchronization protocol. If you synced using Dropbox in previous versions then go to Synchronization Settings, re-link to Dropbox
and restart DataVault.
- Improved Safari, Chrome & Firefox add-ons to autofill web forms, see user guide for instructions.
- Changed shortcut for adding item to Command-N.
- Added Command-A shortcut to select all field contents and notes.
- Added Command-F shortcut to search for item.
- Added Command-L shortcut to logout.
- Added Print and Delete to item context menu.
- Improved application launch icon.
- Enhanced copy-to-clipboard options.
- Improved edit item usability.
- Rendered Mac Dock accessible when logging in to DataVault.
- Moved conflict resolution options to Synchronization Settings.
- Added scroll bar to notes field in conflict resolution window.
- Fixed issues causing form to clear when adding items.
- Several other bug fixes and minor improvements.
- Improved Dropbox Sync with DataVault for handhelds (sold separately).
- Added shortcuts Command-E for edit, Command-S for save. Changed sync short cut to Shift-Command-S.
- Added menu options for edit, save and delete item in addition to home screen buttons.
- Enhanced search settings to include or exclude field labels, contents and notes in addition to item name.
- Improved several item icons.
- Improved automatic backup for special cases such as user canceling login after timeout.
- Added Sync Settings button to Sync Windows.
- Fixed forced quit when data file folder and automatic backup folder changed in Preferences simultaneously.
- Improved SplashID VID file import.
- Several improvements to help text.
- Implemented fix for Mac OS X Lion in version 4.4.18, see FAQ for more information.
- Added web form autofill support for Firefox version 5, see FAQ.
- Created Firefox Add-On (plug-in, extension) to autofill web forms with items stored in DataVault for Mac.
- Added Save Form feature to DataVault Add-On for Firefox. Fill a form with appropriate values then click on Save Form button before submitting to add item to DataVault.
- Added Gererate Password button to DataVault Add-On for Firefox.
- Added skip-ahead searching to Firefox Add-On. Click on Web Form in DataVault bar then type letter to skip to first item in drop-down list beginning with the letter.
Continue typing letter to move to next occurences.
- Implemented automatic backup feature. Creates multiple backups in /users/username/Documents folder when item details are modified.
- Added Preference setting to change the folder in which automatic backups are stored.
- When clicking on copy-to-clipboard icon in item form, user is alerted if field contents includes a leading or trailing blank to avoid errors using passwords
on internet forms.
- Added ability to select multiple items by holding down Command key to delete items or move them to another folder.
- Fixed issue of importing CSV files with Unicode characters such as accented vowels in certain languages.
- Enhanced cut & paste from item form to work in view mode in addition to edit mode.
- Clicking on item name or field labels in item view now switches to edit mode.
- Implemented "Import from 1Password" under File > Import menu in addition to numerous other 3rd party applications.
- Enhanced notes field editing return to line, copy from view mode.
- Fixed compatibility issues when exporting and importing DataVault Exchange (*.DVX) files between DataVault for Windows and DataVault for Mac.
- Cursor now starts in search field on start-up.
- Other minor enchancements; improved graphics & help text, added confirmation to cancel sync.
- Implemented sync via Mobile Me with DataVault for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch.
- Implemented sync via free WebDav servers; Swissdisk.com, Box.net, GMX.net, MyDisk.se, MyDrive.ch
- Added 2-way synchronization based on application file sharing (OS v3.2 and above). Provides ability to sync using iTunes and data cable.
- Implemented synchronization using IP address. This allows users to synchronize over fixed line (Ethernet) cable as long as desktop has a fixed IP address.
- Added communication port number to synchronize settings. This allows user to select a different port in case other applications are using or blocking the default port.
- Implemented synchronization by email with DataVault for BlackBerry.
- Implemented Preferences in DataVault menu bar with numerous user defined settings.
- Added ability to move data file to any folder.
- Added Time Out duration setting in Preferences. This allows user to set an inactivity delay after which DataVault will require user to login again.
- Implemented Time Out Action in Preference so user can choose whether to Lock or Exit DataVault when Time Out duration has been exceeded.
- Added Maximum Login Attempts in Preferences to choose how many times a user can enter the wrong password before erasing data.
- Added Password Box Style selection to allow user to choose between larger login screen with vault background or smaller, text-only login window.
- Implemented Synchronization Conflict Resolution options in Preferences. When user has edited the same item on handheld and desktop, user can choose between following options
to resolve conflict; Manually, Desktop Wins, Handheld Wins.
- Added Confirm Deletions option to synchronization settings.
- Added animation and sound effects to user login screen. Animation can be skipped an sound effects can be turned off in Preferences.
- Implemented Import > CSV (comma separated values) to import user created text file or CSV files exported from Cryptmagic, MiniSafe, SplashID, Turbo Passwords, Password Plus,
Palm Secret, KeePass & mSecure by mSeven Software.
- Added Custom option to Import > CSV menu option to map fields from text file to desired position in DataVault.
- Implemented Export to CSV.
- Improved category & type selection issues when adding or editing and item.
- Improved Add Item feature; defaults to most recent category & type, cursor focus moves to item name field.
- Fixed issue of strength meter displaying Strong password without entering punctuation mark.
- Fixed Passwords Mismatch alert.
- Improved print items feature to include all fields for each items and list items in alphabetical order.
- Fixed toolbar customization "save on exit" issue.
- Numerous minor improvements and fixes; improved tree-view open & close folder icons, item highlight bar; escape out of icon matrix, added grayed out "Edit label",
"Edit value" markers to empty item form, in-app help text, submit login password with return, fixed Notes field sync issue, added "DataVault" in synchronization
service header to facilitate selection from handheld.
- Implemented application file sharing for iPads running OS version 3.2 and above. Allows a users to import and export files in DataVault exchange format (DVX) including items,
categories & types. Can be used to exchange files with DataVault for Mac or DataVault for Windows desktops.
- Implemented synchronization wirelessly over Wi-Fi with DataVault for BlackBerry in addition to DataVault for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch.
- Implemented maximum login attempts "auto-destruct" to erase data after user enter wrong password five times.
- Added Expand/Collapse button below tree view.
- Implemented full database import & export in XML with category and type for each item.
- Fixed problem with importing and exporting item notes over 2,000 characters in size.
- Added Total Entries counter under left hand panel.
- Changed login screen to default to masked password.
- Improved item form layout.
- Clipboard cleared when quitting DataVault.
- Added checkbox to mask or unmask password when logging in to DataVault.
- Added strength meter to password generator. Strength meter displays whether the password selected by the user is strong, good or weak based on industry accepted
guidelines for password selection.
- Add Hint option so user can decide if they want to create a question that will remind user of master password if correctly answered.
- Improved list view to show several item fields in columns.
- Implemented Duplicate Item feature to create copy of active item with "Copy" added to item name. Save time when entering new items.
- Implemented Hide/Show button below item details panel. Hiding item form makes more space available to show items in list view.
- Fixed synchronization issue generating "Error parsing" warning messages.