for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
The improvements listed below are for the paid versions of the apps.
- Added noun gender to dictionary key words in addition to being displayed in translations.
- Improved search algorithm to make it easier to find words with language specific characters.
- Added reverse lookup to iPad so user can tap on any translation to lookup in opposite direction.
- Increased size of phrase book to 530 phrases (265 in each language).
- Improved phrase book quality, categorization and graphics.
- Implemented My Phrases category with ability to add, edit and delete phrases.
- Added ability to search phrases on keyword.
- Implemented single index search for verb conjugations.
- Enhanced verb conjugation screen to include buttons for scrollable table or list of tenses.
- Fixed text-to-speech issue for iPad users which required users to occasionally reboot for audio.
- Fixed scroll to bottom of word list issue.
- Improved quiz performance.
- Numerous other enhancements including improved tab menu, better in-app help, fixed conjugation of several verbs, added navigation improvements.
- Added in-app purchases to free versions for extended dictionary, extended phrase book and extended verb conjugations.
- Added text-to-speech audio to dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations (requires internet).
- Implemented single search so user does not have to choose language to lookup a dictionary word.
- Added flag icons to dictionary to distinguish language of word.
- Implemented reverse lookup so user can tap on any word in dictionary definitions to display the translation.
- Integrated translations and conjugations so user can easily switch back and forth with one tap.
- Increased size of phrasebook to include eighteen categories and over 400 phrases.
- Added verb forms to dictionary.
- Improved vocabulary quiz.
- Added Help menu option which opens online user manual.
- Implemented numerous usability improvements including defaulting to screen keyboard for lookups, better iPad screen layout, larger quiz font size, high-resolution tab icons, fixed tab menu issue.
- Added conjugations for over 6,000 verbs including all major moods; Indicative, Subjunctive, Conditional and tenses; Present, Past, Future, Perfect, Pluperfect, Future Perfect, Imperfect.
- Enhanced conjugation screen interface on iPhone with tense picker scroll wheel.
- Implemented History button to browse through previous lookups.
- Added Clear button to erase lookup history.
- Enhanced word roll view to include abridged translations. Tap to display full translations.
- Added ability to email translation.
- Enhanced support for multi-tasking in iOS 4 and above which can be useful for cutting & pasting translations into emails or other applications.
- Improved support for iPad landscape mode on conjugation and translation screens.
- Implemented return to last lookup when quitting and restarting application.
- Implemented split screen for word lookups on iPad. Scrollable word list appears in left panel and translations appear in the right panel.
- Added pop-up window to enter notes and select images for translations on iPad.
- Implemented split screen for phrases on iPad. Categories appear in left panel and phrases appear in the right panel.
- Implemented split screen for verb conjugations on iPad. Scrollable verb list appears in left panel and conjugation table appears in right panel.
- Improved support for portrait and landscape modes for all screens on iPad.
- Added several commonly used verb conjugations.
- Enhanced graphics including improved launch screen, about screen and application icon for iPhone 4 and large screen images for iPad.
- Increased font for translation notes edit field.
- Fixed word lookup bug.
- Corrected several verb conjugations.