Ascendo Money Home Page
Release Notes for Ascendo Money - Personal Finance Manager
- Integrated recurring transactions with BlackBerry Calendar so reminders are displayed when bills are due.
- Implemented "Add Transaction" icon on BlackBerry allowing user to add a withdrawal or deposit in as few clicks as possible.
- Implemented OFX Direct Connect to download transactions directly into an accounts from over 100 financial institutions.
- Implemented encryption to securely store bank login details.
- Added master password Hint question & answer.
- Added Cleared Balance column to Desktop Accounts panel.
- Improved conflict resolution dialogue on Desktop.
- Added split transaction support to Recurring Transactions.
- Increased size of category icons from 16x16 pixels to 24x24 pixels.
- Enhanced Desktop charts by improving the size & position of the legend, font size for labels and adding amounts in addition to percentages.
- Added Quarterly and Bi-annual (half-year) frequencies to recurring transaction options.
- Implemented BlackBerry Option to skip splash screen on start-up.
- Added Category, Type, Status and Payment Method fields to Transfers.
- Implemented option to include future transactions in current or ending balances.
- Enhanced Budgets window by improving formatting of percentages, column header names, column sizing and layout.
- Improved layout of new transaction window on Desktop.
- Enhanced Desktop scrolling and Account/Register panel resizing.
- Fixed cut & paste issue for Amount field on Desktop.
- Improved performance of importing QIF/OFX files and added support for several special cases.
- Implemented several improvements to reports; support for split transactions, ability to exclude Unfiled transactions.
- Added start-up Help screen on BlackBerry and option to Show/Don't Show help alerts.
- Numerous other enhancements to Money for BlackBerry including UI Style selection, default field capitalization, numeric keyboard size, naming and ordering of Options and Storm navigation.
- Numerous other enhancements to Money Desktop including transaction filter options, position of "new transaction" row, trial and registration dialogue.
|Version 3.2.5 for BlackBerry Storm
- Touch Screen Support for clicking on buttons, activating drop-down lists, etc.
- Screen Tilt Support for horizontal and vertical viewing of Accounts, Registers, etc.
- Column Sorting by tapping on column header to display rows in ascending or descending order.
- Column Resizing by sliding finger across column headers.
- Short-Cut Buttons such as Add, Save, Keyboard to navigate without having to select from the screen menu.
- Horizontal and Vertical Scrolling by sliding finger across screen.
- Hide/Show screen elements with short-cut buttons to maximize data displayed.
- Customized numeric keypad for speedy data entry of transaction amounts, account balances, etc.
- Optimized graphics for start button, splash screen, skins and item icons.
- Implemented Pie Charts and Bar Charts on BlackBerry and Desktop, added chart titles.
- Improved process of selecting parameters for reports and charts.
- Added column on Desktop for sum of cleared transactions to Accounts panel.
- Implemented selection of transactions using CRTL and Shift keys for deleting or moving several transactions at once.
- Added ability to resize Desktop application window and save screen state (size, position, layout) on Exit.
- Implemented Hide/Show option for Desktop Accounts and Register panels.
- Corrected transaction date issue on BlackBerry to take time zones into consideration.
- Added Remainder field to Split Transaction screen to insure that entire transaction has been categorized.
- Improved Budget screen by displaying budgets as positive numbers and adding "Remaining" column.
- Added link to online user guide in Desktop About menu.
- Implemented option to display currency symbol before or after amount.
- Added "No End Date" as option for recurring transactions.
- Implemented icon selection matrix on Desktop.
- Improved currency selector, added 190 default currencies.
- Added click on column header to sort for Desktop Accounts panel.
- Implemented date range for transaction filtering.
- Added "Accept All" option when confirming transaction deletions after purge.
- Separated Money database on BlackBerry from RMS to allow for easier backup and restore.
- Numerous other improvements to Desktop version including menu names, order of options, field label names, screen layout and graphics.
- Numerous other improvements to BlackBerry version including sort arrows in column headers, register table properties, better support for track wheels, more help alerts, screen layout and navigation.
- Added option to increment and enter check numbers automatically when creating transactions in a checking account.
- Implemented Pie Charts on BlackBerry for all reports.
- Enhanced Account Balances to display total of all cleared transactions in addition to total of all transactions.
- Added Deposit versus Withdrawal report on BlackBerry.
- Implemented Purge feature to remove transactions by date or status (cleared, uncleared, reconciled) and update account balance.
- Enhanced payee auto-complete feature on BlackBerry to support capitalization and added ability to disable.
- Added Duplicate Transaction feature.
- Added currency selector to determine which accounts are included in the "Total of All Accounts" at the button of the accounts screen.
- Implemented Import from OFX (Open Financial Exchange) format to exchange information with Intuit Quicken, Microsoft Money and other 3rd party applications.
- Implemented online direct connect to banks using secure OFX protocol (in beta).
- Added dialogue box to confirm if user wants to populate transaction form with default values for category, type, status and payment method based on payee.
- Improved synchronizing data between BlackBerry and desktop by adding conflict resolutions options for BlackBerry wins, Desktop wins or Manual confirmation.
- Added search field to currency selector.
- Fixed "SQL logic error" issue for users upgrading from previous versions.
- Fixed several synchronization issues.
- Eliminated "USB port" error message.
- Added several options including Payee Defaults (Enable/Disable), Check Number Counter (Enable/Disable), Password Masking, Warning Alerts (Show/Don't Show) and Register layout settings.
- Added ability to set budget for each category of
transactions and display actual amount spent to budgeted amount.
- Implemented Auto-Complete so user can select payee
in as few as two clicks.
- Extended transaction type to include category,
type, status and payment method.
- Added Running Balance column to account registers.
- Implemented Roll
& Scroll on BlackBerry to move up and down the transaction list and horizontally across
fields using the track ball.
- Implemented dual pane interface to display accounts
and transaction register in same desktop window.
- Added Balances column to account screen.
- Added Total of All Accounts to calculate Net Worth.
- Implemented Transaction Splitting across multiple
- Implemented Reports to track spending by category,
type, payee and payment method on BlackBerry and desktop.
- Implemented Bar Graphs for all reports on
- Added ability to Forecast balances at a specific
that take into account scheduled transactions.
- Added Account Reconciliation feature to compare
transaction registers to bank statements.
- Enhanced currency display format to include
currency symbol and thousands separators.
- Added Day/Month date format (DD/MM) in addition to
Month/Day (MM/DD) format.
- Implemented scheduled recurring transactions on
- Enhanced transaction filtering on desktop with drop
- Added Option to create a Master Password for entering application.
- Improved icons associated with accounts and
categories, increased total number of icons to 100.
- Improved desktop buttons to give them a 3D, glossy
- Improved transaction registers with transaction
search field, category icon column, better track ball support and
improved transaction sorting.
- Added numerous settings to customize
the transaction register including font size, font family, scrolling
method, field ordering, field size and field alignment.
- Added several new options to BlackBerry such as
Currency Symbol placement, Help Alerts (Show/Don't Show) and font
- Added Backup & Restore feature to desktop.
- Added ability to move data file on desktop.
- Tested for Vista compatibility in addition to
Windows XP, Windows 98.