DataVault for Windows
- Updated browser plugin support for latest versions of Firefox.
- Improvements to menu and button text.
- Added support for Dropbox version 1 protocol.
- Fixed Dropbox Autosync issues.
- Added startup window option to create new data file if not found or restored.
- Updated browser plugin support for latest versions of Firefox.
- Added support for recent versions of Firefox (web form autofill) in addition to Chrome and Internet Explorer.
- It is no longer necessary to quit DataVault and restart Firefox to use restored items with browser extension.
- Active Wi-Fi network now displayed on sync confirmation window.
- Added "DataVault" to sync service name which appears on mobile devices.
- Implemented Tools > Options > Check for updates automatically setting to check for new version each time user starts DataVault (requires internet access).
- Added Tools > Options > DataVault.dat Protection setting to lock DataVault data file for updates in case another device tries to access the file.
- Added Tools > Options > Prevent Concurrent Access setting to prohibit simultaneous access to data file by more than one device.
- Updated Box.com URL in Tools > Synchronization Settings to reflect change from Box.net
- Removed Mobile Me sync option due to Apple discontinuing service.
- Fixed persistence issue with Search Settings > Notes and Synchronization Settings > Confirm Deletions.
- Added support Firefox Version 10 (web form autofill) in addition to Chrome and Internet Explorer.
- Implemented Check for Updates Automatically option int Tools > Options.
- Added import from SafeWallet.
- Improved several icons.
- Fixed cursor focus on startup so it's no longer necessary to click on login window.
- Added registration information to Help > About window.
- Added support for web form autofill with Firefox Version 8 (DataVault 4.8.35+) in addition to Chrome and Internet Explorer.
- Implemented Dropbox synchronization. This feature is in beta testing and will not be available for use with DataVault on handheld devices until next versions are released.
- Implemented synchronization with DataVault for Android (beta) using SD Card.
- Added item icons for Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Bank of America, YouTube, Linked In, Wordpress, Western Union and generic credit card.
- Implemented search method to find items "starting with" search text in addition to "anywhere in the field(s)", see Tools > Search Settings.
- Added setting to search notes and fields in addition to item name.
- Improved category and type usability by moving drop-down selection lists to top of item form when adding & editing and bottom of item form when viewing.
- Implemented setting for mask button behavior, click to Toggle between masked and unmasked or Hold Down to mask and release to unmask.
- Enhanced drag & drop of types and items in tree view.
- Implemented dialogue window to restore from last manual backup, last automatic backup or browse to file in case data file not found on startup.
- Improved graphics for browser toolbar.
- Enhanced installation script to allow user to select which browser plugins to install.
- Improved help text for synchronization screens and Mobile Me account setup.
- Enhanced usability of category and type filter in list view.
- Added Portable Configuration option allowing DataVault to be installed on a USB drive.
- Updated browser extension to support Firefox version 4.
- Updated browser extension to support Internet Explorer version 9.
- Implemented option to restore from last manual or automatic backup in addition to allowing user to browse for backup file.
- Added Print Item(s) and Delete Item(s) to context menu when user right-clicks on item in tree or list view in left panel. Users can select one
or several items with CTRL-ALT and Shift keys, then print or delete the items using the context menu.
- Fixed notes field issue which displayed line returns on iPhone as special characters after sync.
- Enhanced Mobile Me and Webdav sync to better manage iDisk performance and network issues.
- Improved synchronization for supporting very large databases.
- Added synchronization method to title of dialogue box so user can verify if methods on desktop & device match.
- Enhanced browser integration to support autofill, save form & password generator with multiple monitors and multiple browser instances.
- Added import from Handy Safe XML in addition to many other 3rd party formats by selecting Tools > Import from text menu.
- Other improvements including; IE uninstaller fix, corrected link to DataVault home page in installer, improved on screen help, About screen enhancements.
- Implemented wireless synchronization with DataVault for Windows and DataVault for Mac. Connect over Wi-Fi or adhoc network.
- Implemented synchronization using fixed IP address for users with Ethernet connectivity or for users who prefer the added security of a wired connection.
- Implemented synchronization over
- Added support for version 3.6 of
- Added ability to export/import full
database in DataVault Exchange format (DVX) including categories and
types to facilitate moving data between different platforms
(BlackBerry, Windows, iPhone & Mac).
- Enhanced web form auto-fill
capabilities for Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Implemented backup and restore to
SD card in DataVault for BlackBerry.
- Added entry form for synchronization
IP address and port number to allow users to choose alternative port
in case default port is used or blocked by another application.
- Improved support for unicode
character sets (ñ ß é ê ö ç å) when synchronizing with
- Implemented vertical and horizontal
resizing of notes field in item details when resizing application
- Improved print feature on DataVault
desktop to order entries alphabetically and skip a line between items.
- Added support for importing mSecure
- Added support for importing KeePass
- Improved support for importing Ilium
- Improved desktop installer;
clarified help test, added prompt to quit browsers before
installing, added link to FAQ page, added customized graphics.
- Set DataVault.dat data file to read
only to avert accidental deletion.
- Fixed IE plug get_Document issue.
- Fixed "failed to create
- Other minor improvements and fixes;
tree view search, password mismatch alert, XML sync warnings,
replaced Firefox add-on icon, corrected Facebook login issue.
- Added full support for BlackBerry Storm touch screen including
finger swipe to scroll and screen tap to select menu items or to
click on buttons.
- Implemented column re-ordering in BlackBerry list view. Storm
users can tap column header to order by ascending or descending.
- Implemented column resizing on BlackBerry Storm. Hold down
finger on column header and slide column borders left or right.
- Added OTA synchronization from DataVault Desktop to DataVault
for iPhone & iPod Touch. Sync to both BlackBerry and
iPhone/iPod Touch from single Desktop.
- Implemented synchronization roll-back for for iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Implemented double-click to Edit record in DataVault Desktop
- Added browser support for Firefox version 3.5 to auto-fill web
forms, save web forms and generate passwords from DataVault
- Enhanced Web Items feature in DataVault Browser Toolbar; items
are now alphabetized and typing skips to first item in list
starting with character.
- Increased size of item icons and folders to 24 x 24 pixels on
BlackBerry devices running BBOS 4.6 and above and on DataVault
- Added automatic screen refresh after synchronization for
BlackBerry devices running BBOS 4.6 and above.
- Implemented live links on BlackBerry Storm for URLs, telephone
numbers and emails addresses. Tap to initiate browser session,
call or email.
- Added user option to set number of login attempts before
shutting down in DataVault Desktop.
- Added alphabetization and Improved print format for DataVault
- Implemented import from Palm Secret.
- Enhanced top & bottom row buttons in DataVault Desktop.
- Improved application launch icon on BlackBerry and DataVault desktop.
- Improved DataVault Desktop splash screen.
- Enhanced various elements of user interface; improved password
login in landscape mode on Storm, added branch lines to tree view,
improved Desktop background image.
- Improved several other features; prompt user before overwriting
desktop database, prompt user to move items to Unfiled when
deleting category or type, added Bonjour service installation
option for iPhone Wifi sync; change password on Desktop prompts
for old password.
- Optimized user interface for BlackBerry Bold 9000.
- Added support for Firefox Version 3 to DataVault Desktop browser
- Improved Desktop buttons with 3D effect & reflection.
- Added top row buttons for Mask/Unmask All, and Logout to
- Added icons to bottom row Desktop buttons for Duplicate, Hide
Details, etc. Choose between small (20x20 pixel) and big(32x32
- Improved large Desktop item icons (100), with high-resolution,
3D, glossy icons.
- Implemented icon selection matrix in Desktop with arrow key
navigation and zoom on mouse over.
- Improved BlackBerry and Desktop small item icons.
- Implemented color selection for alternating list rows and detail
panel background on Desktop.
- Implemented optional password to unmask fields on Desktop.
- Implemented security time-out on Desktop in addition to
- Added option to wipe all data and reset trial period when
- Improved Password Generator options on BlackBerry to include;
Letters and/or Numbers, Uppercase and/or Lowercase & Spaces in
addition to Length and Punctuation Marks.
- Added Mask/Unmask to master password selection window on
- Implemented "page down" in List View when user clicks
on BlackBerry space bar.
- Added "Check All" box for Desktop "Extended
Search" field selector.
- Simplified editing links in Desktop.
- Added "Open with IE" & "Open with
Firefox" to context menu when right-clicking on link in item
- Implemented drop-down list from Desktop Add button to create
Categories & Types.
- Improved Logout so user can minimize DataVault to Windows system
tray. When minimized, DataVault skips master password confirmation
when logging into web sites.
- Improved Drag & Drop on Desktop to allow for selection of
- Added "Change Parent" to context menu for Items in
Desktop Tree View.
- Implemented "Copy Without Spaces" option to field
context menu on BlackBerry & Desktop.
- Implemented Save/Discard/Cancel dialog box to BlackBerry Options
- Added import for passwords stored in Firefox & Internet
- Added import from Spb Wallet & Passwords Plus.
- Implemented option to mask/unmask master password by default on
- Enhanced word wrap for Notes when Desktop Window is resized.
- Added ability to move down from search field using arrow key on
- Added "Confirm Deletions" option for synchronization.
- Fixed folder collapse issue when user drags & drops item to
- Improved registration and master password selection dialogue on
- Enhanced DataVault for BlackBerry to include improved screen
menus, additional help alerts and better start-up defaults.
- Improved DataVault Desktop to include better menu organization
and additional help alerts.
- Corrected several bugs; importing Item from BlackBerry email,
IE6 browser integration, desktop Change Font, Desktop Options
radio buttons, import from Roboform.
- Implemented web form auto-fill on BlackBerry in addition to Desktop. Automatically opens BlackBerry Browser and fills form fields
like username, password, etc. for items stored in DataVault.
- Implemented secure send/receive using Blue Tooth. Now you can "beam" items to colleagues & family members in an encrypted, password protected format.
- Improved Desktop Browser Integration. Added support for additional form types when using
auto-fill and auto-login with Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Improved "Save Forms" option in DataVault Desktop toolbar for Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Added auto-fill and auto-login support for multiple items from a single domain. For example, logging into several Gmail accounts from within DataVault.
- Added icons and slider bars to "Web Items" options in DataVault toolbar for Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Improved item selection on Desktop to include Current Item, Selected Items and All Items when creating DataVault
Exchange files for sharing items.
- Implemented send/receive items by email in DataVault Exchange format on BlackBerry.
- Improved user guide significantly and added an online version in addition to PDF version.
- Added Desktop Logout so user can hide DataVault application window and return to master password prompt.
- Added "Save Template" option to BlackBerry in addition to Desktop.
- Implemented "Mask/Unmask All" feature on Desktop.
- Added Desktop option to Show/Not Show background image in List/Tree View.
- Improved Password Generator options on Desktop to include; Letters and/or Numbers,
Uppercase and/or Lowercase & Spaces in addition to Length and Punctuation Marks.
- Implemented master password hint on BlackBerry.
- Added option to move items to un-filed folder when deleting a Category or Type on Desktop.
- Enhanced Tree View on BlackBerry to display all relevant Categories and Types when searching.
- Added cut & paste support for notes field on Desktop.
- Improved notes field scrolling on Desktop.
- Added option to set master password to mask or unmask by default
- Added screen keyboard option for master password window to fool key loggers.
- Improved usability of Windows desktop shortcuts created with DataVault to automatically log in to web sites.
- Added ability to send item in an unencrypted email in addition to encrypted, password protected email.
- Enhanced usability of DataVault Desktop; improved window resizing, more menu choices, better prompt explanations,
improvements to item details display, drag & drop scrolling, tree navigation, etc.
- Enhanced usability of DataVault for BlackBerry; better tree navigation, improved menu labels, etc.
- Improved layout of Desktop Options window.
- Simplified desktop registration process; same key for BlackBerry and Desktop, Register Later button.
- Improved data import from CodeWallet, Illium eWallet, SplashID for Mac & Chapura Turbo Passwords.
- Added data import from Roboform.
- Improved Application Icon.
- Added support for Firefox when using auto-fill for web forms and auto-add to create DataVault items from web forms.
- Implemented DataVault Toolbars in Firefox & Internet Explorer to auto-fill forms, save to DataVault items and generate passwords.
- Added ability to create desktop shortcuts that start Internet Explorer or Firefox, go to web sites and automatically login.
- Implemented Encrypt/Decrypt email on BlackBerry using DataVault. See new menu options when Composing Email with standard BlackBerry email client.
- Enhanced desktop List View to display all 10 fields and Notes when using Hide Details option.
- Improved Tree navigation with one-click expand/collapse for Categories & Types, and one-click view details for Items.
- Added Copy-to-Clipboard on BlackBerry for field values in View Item screen. Can be called from screen menu or invoked using c-key shortcut.
- Eliminated mandatory category/type selection when adding Item in DataVault Desktop. Stores items in Unfiled folder by default.
- Added ability to clear search field on BlackBerry with Escape key.
- Added color selection for desktop, List View, highlighted row.
- Adding Item while detail panel is hidden switches to Edit mode instead of View mode. Clicking on Cancel removes Item.
- Enhanced several desktop UI elements including View mode field spacing, details panel background color, bottom row button ordering.
- Added Logout button on Desktop.
- Added data import from CodeWallet Pro, Flex Wallet & Handy Safe.
- Improved importing from Illium eWallet.
- Fixed several bugs including desktop window resize, desktop add/delete category, desktop restore Cancel, IE7 script errors.
- Added extended trial sessions when trial period is over.
- Improved navigation on BlackBerry so that clicking on an item opens the details screen.
The menu is still available by clicking on the BlackBerry key.
- Added Option on BlackBerry to hide
header in List View.
- Added Option on BlackBerry to hide
Category & Type filters in List view.
- Improved Option on BlackBerry to
display skins so that user can choose to show Top, Bottom, Both or
- Added Option on BlackBerry to anchor
Item name when scrolling horizontally in List view.
- Implemented Auto-Display to Tree View on BlackBerry so that when search list of
items reduces to 1, the details screen is automatically displayed.
- Added shortcuts on Desktop; Ctrl-L
(switch to List View), Ctrl-T (switch to Tree View), Ctrl-E (Edit),
Ctrl-Shift-E (Expand Tree), Ctrl-Shift-C (Collapse Tree), Alt-V H
(Hide details panel).
- Added shortcuts on BlackBerry item
details screen, N = next item, P = previous item, E = switch to edit
"Save, Discard, Cancel" dialog box to BlackBerry item Edit
- Implemented Logout button to Desktop.
Option on BlackBerry to choose between folder icons and
"+/-" in Tree View.
- Implemented Import BlackBerry Memo
- Fixed several bugs; initiate call from
field with telephone number, tree view error message when clicking
Escape in search field, etc.>
- Implemented “Roll & Scroll”
BlackBerry. Scroll vertically down list of Items. Scroll
horizontally across fields.
- Added Option on BlackBerry &
Desktop to select font type, style and size.
- Added Option
on BlackBerry & Desktop to select screen colors.
- Implemented Option on BlackBerry to
select how many fields to display in List View.
- Enhanced Tree
View by adding “Expand/Collapse All” menu selection, and option
to remember "Last" tree formation when exiting
application., shortcuts, etc.>
- Added Duplicate Item feature to
BlackBerry & Desktop for quicker data entry.
- Implemented Import/Export to DataVault Exchange
(*.dvx) file on Desktop to create encrypted, password protected
files for sharing with colleagues, spouses, etc.>
- Implemented display mode on Desktop in
addition to edit mode.
- Added Hide/Show details button to
close right hand panel and maximize screen space to display fields
in List View.
- Improved button placement for Save
Item, Save Template, Cancel, etc.>
- Added ability to set or move directory in
which the data file is stored.
- Implemented screen keyboard as an alternative way to enter
passwords. This is useful if you suspect that a key logger is active on your
- Added ability to print items.
- Implemented user preference to
display complete record automatically if your search list is reduced to 1
- Added ability to initiate a call from a telephone
number stored in DataVault for BlackBerry.
- Added ability to open browser and go to a URL stored in DataVault
- Improved Tree view so that only
relevant categories and types are displayed as search list is
- Added user preference so that the Tree
view on the Desktop defaults to Expanded, Collapsed or Last
formation of tree branches.
- Implemented user preference on
BlackBerry to search "By 1st characters" or "On
String" of user input.
- Improved CSV import to include
"skip first line" and preset field mappings for
Cryptmagic, Minisafe, SplashId and eWallet.
- Changed cursor focus on desktop so
that you can start typing in search field on start-up.
- Increased maximum length of Notes
field to 10,000 characters.
- Added user preferences to manage
synchronization conflict resolution. Choose between Manual, Desktop Wins or
- Implemented user preference on desktop to
display open/closed folder or "+/-" next to Categories and Types.
- Changed Tree display order to
alphabetical for categories, types and items.
- Added button to clear search field.
- Separated "View/Edit Item" into 2
options on BlackBerry for quicker navigation.
- Added "Drag & Drop"
for Items and Types in DataVault desktop tree view.
- List view now displays entries in
alphabetical order on BlackBerry and desktop.
- Added open/closed folder icons to
DataVault desktop to denote expanded or collapsed tree level.
- Added option to remove toolbar from
view in DataVault desktop to make more space for entries.
- User Guide is now part of the
installation executable and places PDF in right directory
automatically so you can open it from the DataVault desktop.
- Improved usability of Import from
- Improved usability of Auto-Add in
- Fixed bugs with SplashID and
Cryptmagic Import feature.
- Added icons that can be displayed
with Items and Templates, bringing total to 100 icons.
- Added Export to CSV feature.
- Increased maximum field length from
60 to 255 characters for storing long field values like URL.
- Added word wrap ability to Desktop
- Added About screen "More
Information" button that starts BlackBerry browser and goes to http://www.ascendo.mobi
where helpful information can be viewed in pages optimized for
- Added field masking to List View.
- Corrected Help option to Open User
Guide in PDF format from DataVault Desktop.
- Added animation on exit from
- Added setting "Don't Show"
animation for those who don't care for eye candy.
- Added Auto-create feature to allow
users to create an Item in DataVault automatically by
right-clicking on a web form and selecting the "Save to
DataVault" option in the IE context menu.
- Added Auto-fill feature to
automatically populate fields in a web form. Example, click on
Hotmail Item, DataVault opens IE, goes to URL, enters username and
password in the appropriate fields.
- Added field masking button to all
fields in DataVault Desktop.
- Added copy-to-clipboard button next
to all Items in DataVault Desktop. Click on button and the contents
of the value field are copied to the Windows clipboard and can be
pasted to other applications.
- Added "Deleted Item" log to DataVault
- Eliminated DataVault password
request each time the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Synchronization
option is chosen.
- Added Option for default start-up
view; Tree, List or Last view before application exit.
- Added Option for Exit Alert in case
user wants to be prompted before quitting clicking on Escape button
to quit application.
- Enlarged 39 icons used for Items and
Templates by ~30%.
- Changed application exit from Escape
from List/Tree View to menu option.
- Added Change Icon button to Desktop.
- Improvements to User Guide.
DataVault Home Page